Easy And Quick Home Made Peanut Butter Recipe! – Health a Bliss
My daughter is crazy about peanut butter . I can make her eat most of the things with it . Given its health and nutritional value, I don’t mind her eating it everyday but in limits
Initially I bought it from the supermarket, but when she started demanding it everyday I thought of making it at home (as homemade stuff is always better than the commercially prepared stuff!!).
Health Benefits Of Home Made Peanut Butter:
Peanut butter when consumed in moderation is very good for your health.
2 tablespoon of peanut butter provides 7 gms of Proteins, 2 gms of Dietary fiber, 238 milligrams of Potassium. Each 2-tablespoon serving contains 16 grams of total fat, including 7.4 grams of monounsaturated fat and 4.5 grams of polyunsaturated fat .
- It contains the same ratio of saturated to unsaturated fats as olive oil, says Harvard Medical School.
- The poly- and monounsaturated fats in the butter lower your risk of developing heart disease.
- Reduces the amount of harmful cholesterol in your bloodstream.
- Even prevent type 2 diabetes.
Because of these health benefits Peanut Butter is considered to be a very good Breakfast or Mid-Morning meal choice.
So follow the recipe below and let your family enjoy this Yummy and Healthy Butter everyday .
You never know your kid might love it more than those choclates, just like my daughter
How to make Homemade Peanut Butter:
- Food processor or blender
- Container for storage
- Unsalted Roasted Peanuts – 2 cups (16 ounces)
- Salt- 1/2 teaspoon( plus more to taste)
- Peanut Oil or Regular Oil – 4 tablespoons
- Honey or sugar – as per taste
- Slightly warm the peanuts in a pan or microwave (optional) . Please refer to notes to know more about warming.
- Pulse a few times just until chopped.
- Transfer the peanuts to a food processor or blender. If you toasted your nuts, do this while the nuts are still warm.
- Run the food processor or blender continuously for 1 minute.
- Stop and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. At this point, the peanut butter will look dry.
- Run the blender again as the butter will start clumping together and will start getting glossy and soft like thick peanut butter.
- Now add the oil, salt and honey or sugar . Continue processing the butter until it becomes completely smooth.
Yipeey the Peanut Butter is ready . Spread it on a slice of bread and enjoy .
The above mentioned quantity makes about 1 1/2 cup of Rich and Creamy Peanut Butter.
Storing Your Peanut Butter:
Transfer into a container and store in refrigerator.
The Butter lasts upto few weeks if kept in refrigerator.
Hope you liked the recipe and do share your experience with me if you choose to try
- I used 5 tablespoon of Honey as my Daughter prefers it sweet.
- I prefer warming Peanuts a little as it gives the peanut butter a deeper flavor and also helps make the oils looser and easier to blend into a smooth butter.