90 Kgs To 55 Kgs – Health a Bliss
I know that caught your attention! More or less I think I can guess your reaction too..
But I am not surprised as this was the reaction I got when I went public on Facebook and posted my “New Me” photograph..
Almost everyone wanted to know the “Trick” for such a Huge Weight Loss. However I had to tell everyone that it wasn’t any Trick but a Journey and a Way of Life for me now.
A Journey and a Way of Life which I would like to share with You:
I have to admit that it wasn’t easy getting back in shape as I am a big time Foody.
I ate my heart out during my pregnancy, from Spicy Samosas and everything Fried to very Sweet Jalebies which I avoided pre-pregnancy.
I guess I craved for unhealthy food 😉 No wonder I had piled on so much Weight..
I started working on my Weight once my Daughter completed 6 months..Initially it was a little difficult to Workout as all my Stamina had gone down to zero..
But slowly and steadily I regained it…Breast feeding and looking after the Baby along with other Household work also helped burn a few more Calories and develop my Stamina back.
Though I did not follow any Crash or Strict Diet.
My sole focus was more on eating Home Cooked Healthy and Wholesome Food along with High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workout, 6 days a week..
It is rightly said that, 70% of your Diet and 30% of your Workout , decides your health.. After all “WE ARE,WHAT WE EAT”.
My workout :
I focus a lot on High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) Workout as it is considered best for weight loss because :
- It spikes your Metabolism and builds Muscle quickly.
- Unlike those leisurely treadmill sessions, it burns calories both during a workout and (here’s the beautiful part) for up to 24 hours afterward.
- It is super quick and with my daughter I can’t afford a lot of “Me” time.
- I can do it at home along with my daughter trying her best to imitate me
- I also try walking to market instead of taking an auto.
- I take my daughter out in evening to park so additional calorie burning.
- Whenever possible I use stairs instead of Lifts and Escalators.
My Diet :
On Waking Up : 1 glass Luke Warm Water with 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar + 1 tbsp Cinnamon Powder + Juice of half a Lemon.
After 10 Mins: 1 Banana + 4 soaked Almonds and 1 Walnut.
After 15 mins : Green Tea.
Followed by : My Workout.
Breakfast : 4 Egg whites+1 Yolk / 2 Slice Whole Wheat Bread Veggie Sandwich / Oats Daliya with Veggies.
Mid Afternoon: Nariyal pani/ Buttermilk/ Fruit/ Peanuts.
Lunch : Idli with Nariyal Chutney / Roti + Sabzi + Daal + Salad + Curd/ Sprouts Salad.
Post Lunch : Buttermilk.
Evening : 1 cup Tea with Stevia Leaves( for Sweetening) with Khakra/ Mahabaleswar Chana or White Chana/ Threptin Biscuits.
Mid Evening : A Fruit.
Dinner : Roti + Sabzi + Daal + Salad.
Post Dinner : Green Tea.
Bed Time : 1 cup Skimmed Milk with 1/2 tsp Turmeric (Haldi).
- I try stay Active throughout the day by Playing and Dancing with my Daughter.
- Stay Committed to my Workout.
- Keep myself Hydrated.
- Avoid Sugar and Fried Food.
- Eat Red or White Rice occasionally.
- I also consume 1/2 liter of Barley Water in a day.
I would recommend that you focus more on your Inner Strength and Stamina rather than the Weighing Scales.
Always remember : Stay Focused , Positive and Committed . The Result will follow .
I hope I was able to help you in your Weight loss Journey by sharing my experience with You.
Would love to learn from your experiences too, so don’t forget to share them in the comment box below